PENN REEL REPAIR
We do offer a very limited (requires pre-authorization by us) Reel Repair / Servicing.
We are a warranty center for Penn reels only, but for any other manufacturer. We are only accepting a few reels here and there due to time issues, and you must get preauthorization!
For warranty service to apply, it must be a new reel with it's purchase receipt in order to be approved. Penn's warranty's are limited. Again, you must contact us for prior authorization.
Please CALL 1-609-488-4637 OR use the Contact Form: /hc/en-us/requests/new, prior to sending in any of the older model Penn reels, so that we can review the problem(s) with the reel(s) and determine repairs can be made. Some older parts may not be available, and we would like to save customers the expense of driving here to drop off a reel that is not fixable.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY OTHER REEL REPAIRS AS MAIL INS!
If you are within the Tri-State area and you would like to drop off and pick up your reels, you may still do so. We have not been accepting these reels as mail-ins since fall of 2016. Anyone who called ahead or contacted us via the contact form for prior authorization would have been informed that regular reel repair is a drop off/pick up scenario only.
Reel Clean / Lube Rates (Per Reel)
|Evaluation Fee: $5.00 per reel fee for evaluation - due even if reel(s) are not repairable. Paid at time of reel dropoff or mail in.|
|PLUS Clean & Lube Fee:
NOTE: Extensive service requiring additional cleaning or unusual/excessive repair may be subject to additional service charge. This is designated in the labor rates below as REG. for Regular C&L and EXT. for Extensive C&L. Reels that are extremely corroded, completely siezed up, full of salt and/or rust, etc., may be subject to the higher labor fees.
|Standard spinning & conventional reels||$12||$17|
|Live liner spinning & more complicated conv reels (Penn: Fathom, Defiance, Squall, Int. Baitcasters, Line Counters, Formulas)||$17||$22|
|International series (excluding Baitcasters)||$25||$30|
|PLUS Parts for Reel Repair ( If Any ) - Variable:
For some repairs the price of parts are as low as $1-$10, others may be high enough to require an estimate first. If you wish to be contacted for an estimate before repairs begin on a specific reel, please include that information on the service form.
*Parts that have to be ordered will have an additional $5.00 charge applied to offset postal delivery fees.
UPS Ground shipping/handling beginning at $12.00 depending on weight/address.
- Repair orders are invoiced via our online system. Initial evaluation fees are billed immediately. Clean and lube, parts and return shipping are billed when service is completed. Repaired reels ship out once they have been paid in full.
- USA Customers Only.
- We are sorry, but we no longer offer reel repair services for International Customers.
What we need from you:
- PRIOR APPROVAL MUST BE OBTAINED AS DESCRIBED ABOVE!
- Your WARRANTY Reel(s) (Please make sure you properly package and insure your reel. We recommend you send your reels to us via UPS so that the shipment can be tracked and we can verify receipt of your goods.)
- Completed Repair Form (See link below to start creating one in our online catalog).
- Payment for the initial evaluation fee for your reel(s).
We carry an extensive supply of Penn Reel Parts. We also have wrenches, greases/cleaners/lubricants, schematics, and rebuild tips/tutorials.
Most in-stock items ship within 1 business day.
You can order parts/supplies and view schematics to fix your Penn Reel by navigating our PennParts Dept in our online catalog.
We do currently offer Line Spooling for your Spinning/Baitcasting/Conventional Reels. We carry a variety of Mono Lines including Berkley, Momoi, and Stren, as well as PowerPro Braided Line.
- Local Customers:
- Line Spooling can be done during business hours while you wait, or you can drop-off your reel to be lined and pick-up later in the day.
- Mail In Customers:
- We are not lining mail in reels at this time as we are not accepting any mail ins except as valid Penn warranty reels.