Penn Reel Repair
We do offer a very limited (requires pre-authorization by us) Reel Repair / Servicing. We are a warranty center for Penn reels but not for any other manufacturer. We are only accepting a few reels here and there due to time issues, and you must get preauthorization.
Please CALL 1-609-296-1300 OR CONTACT US, prior to sending in any of the older model Penn reels, so that we can review the problem(s) with the reel(s) and determine repairs can be made. Some older parts may not be available, and we would like to save customers the expense of mailing in a reel that is not fixable.
Reel Clean / Lube Rates (Per Reel)
|Evaluation Fee: $5.00 per reel fee for evaluation - due even if reel(s) are not repairable. Paid at time of reel dropoff or mail in.|
|PLUS Clean & Lube Fee:
NOTE: Extensive service requiring additional cleaning or unusual/excessive repair may be subject to additional service charge. This is designated in the labor rates below as REG. for Regular C&L and EXT. for Extensive C&L. Reels that are extremely corroded, completely siezed up, full of salt and/or rust, etc., may be subject to the higher labor fees.
|Standard spinning & conventional reels||$12||$17|
|Live liner spinning & more complicated conv reels (Penn: Fathom, Defiance, Squall, Int. Baitcasters, Line Counters, Formulas)||$17||$22|
|International series (excluding Baitcasters)||$25||$30|
|PLUS Parts for Reel Repair ( If Any ) - Variable:
For some repairs the price of parts are as low as $1-$10, others may be high enough to require an estimate first. If you wish to be contacted for an estimate before repairs begin on a specific reel, please include that information on the service form.
*Parts that have to be ordered will have an additional $5.00 charge applied to offset postal delivery fees.
UPS Ground shipping/handling beginning at $12.00 depending on weight/address.
- Repair orders are invoiced via our online system. Initial evaluation fees are billed immediately. Clean and lube, parts and return shipping are billed when service is completed. Repaired reels ship out once they have been paid in full.
- USA Customers Only.
- We are sorry, but we no longer offer reel repair services for International Customers.
What we need from you:
- PRIOR APPROVAL MUST BE OBTAINED AS DESCRIBED ABOVE!
- Your Reel(s) (Please make sure you properly package and insure your reel. We recommend you send your reels to us via UPS so that the shipment can be tracked and we can verify receipt of your goods.)
- Completed Repair Form (See link below to start creating one in our online catalog).
- Payment for the initial evaluation fee for your reel(s).
We carry an extensive supply of Penn Reel Parts. We also have wrenches, greases/cleaners/lubricants, schematics, and rebuild tips/tutorials.
Most in-stock items ship within 1 business day.
You can order parts/supplies and view schematics to fix your Penn Reel by navigating our PennParts Dept in our online catalog.
We do currently offer Line Spooling for your Spinning/Baitcasting/Conventional Reels. We carry a variety of Mono Lines including Berkley, Momoi, and Stren, as well as PowerPro Braided Line.
- Local Customers:
- Line Spooling can be done during business hours while you wait, or you can drop-off your reel to be lined and pick-up later in the day.
- Mail In Customers:
- You can mail your reel to us to be lined. This can be done with/without reel cleaning/servicing. If you are only sending the reel to us to be lined, we can get it done in 1 business day. If you need to have it serviced, it will take longer. Please use the same REPAIR FORM when sending your reel in to be lined, and just list that you want your reel to be lined with your choice of line and # test. Where it says "Problem" just type in "Line Only". If no repair is being done, the initial repair evaluation fee would not be charged, only the price of the line and shipping fees.