- Scott's Bait & Tackle values you as a customer and your right to privacy. Except as may be otherwise required by law, we will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information remains confidential and available only to Scott's Bait & Tackle, its employees and shipping agents. We will not sell your personal information to third parties and do not send bulk emailings of advertising.
- You will be charged the prices quoted for products you have selected for purchase at the time you submit your order at checkout, regardless of price changes at a later time, if any. Prices in the catalog are subject to change without notice.
- By submitting each order at checkout, you confirm and affirm that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions, of the form in which they appear at the time the order is submitted at checkout.
1. Offer and acceptance. By submitting a completed order form, you offer to purchase, on and pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and the order form, the reel parts and other items (collectively, "Product") you select and submit to Scott's Bait & Tackle for purchase via the order form.
We reserve the right to cancel any order without notice if we believe it to be fraudulent or cannot supply an item. Scott's Bait & Tackle, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, with or without cause or reason.
It shall be in our discretion to accept or reject your offer. If we accept your offer, these Terms and Conditions and the order form collectively constitute a legal agreement between Scott's Bait & Tackle and you governing your purchase of the Product from us over the online shopping service.
2. Responsibilities. If Scott's Bait & Tackle accepts your order, we shall, in return for your payment, provide the Product which you order through the online shopping service. The Product shall be delivered to you at the delivery address you designate. Your payment for the Product and shipping, including sales taxes (NJ only) and handling fee, is due upon completion of your order on-line. If applicable, we will charge the payment to the credit card which you submit to us, and will collect the payment from your bank. You authorize Scott's Bait & Tackle to make and collect such charge when supplying your credit card information. The total amounts you shall pay for the Product per each order shall be the sums of the respective prices for the items you select and submit via the order form, plus all applicable sales taxes and shipping charges, as reported to you as the "TOTAL" in the order form.
3. Product Pricing and Shipping Charges. You will be charged the prices quoted for Products you have selected for purchase at the time you submit your order at checkout, regardless of price changes at a later time, if any. Shipping charges may also change from time to time, however; you will be charged the shipping charges quoted at the time you submit your order at checkout.
For international customers: You are paying cost of items and shipping ONLY; Any customs/duty fees required by an individual country's customs department are the customers responsibility.
4. Communications. Scott's Bait & Tackle shall conclusively presume that online communications received from you through your use of the online order form and registration process are accurate, complete, and authorized by you as received by Scott's Bait & Tackle. You agree not to contest the validity and binding legal effect of those communications.
We may contact you via email with regard to questions or updates about your order.
We hate spam just as much as anyone and refuse to add to the problem, and therefore, we DO NOT send bulk advertising.
We may at some time create notification email lists that customers may choose to sign up for (For example: Notification that a specific reel part is available, or a newsletter, if at such time we create one).
5. Shopper registration and payment. You agree to complete the initial registration process according to Scott's Bait & Tackle's requirements stated on the Web site, and to provide Scott's Bait & Tackle with accurate, complete and updated information as required for the initial registration process, including, but not limited to, your legal name, billing and delivery addresses, and telephone number.
- Credit Card: If paying by credit card, you must provide Scott's Bait & Tackle with an accurate and complete credit card number and expiration date at the time of submitting your online purchase order. You represent and warrant to Scott's Bait & Tackle that your use of any credit card is authorized and legal. As per government regulations, credit card info is not retained in this online system.
- Payment via Paypal.com. This is is also accepted, but for international customers, a Paypal verified account is required and payments will not be accepted from non-verified international accounts.
- Money Orders: Customers in the USA may pay via money order; we accept these money order institutions ONLY: American Express, United States Postal Service and Western Union. We DO NOT accept money orders for international orders. We DO NOT accept checks.
6. Delivery. An Scott's Bait & Tackle employee shall ensure delivery of the Products to you at a single delivery location you designate that is within the delivery zone authorized by Scott's Bait & Tackle. There are some international locations that we do not ship to; see our Shipping FAQ for more information on international destinations. Shipping and contact information will be provided to the shipping agent selected by the customer, ie: USPS or UPS, for the purposes of tracking the package.
With regard to address information, please BE CAREFUL To enter your address information correctly. We are not responsible for orders that do not arrive due to an incorrectly entered or incomplete shipping address.
- A) It is the customers responsibility to ascertain that all required information is included in your address. We will NOT reship such an order if it is lost, nor will it be refunded. You would have to reorder and supply corrected information and pay for the order a second time.
- B) Postal customers, please make sure that the address that you choose to ship to has postal service (there are still some areas that do not) prior to using the address. There will be a reshipping charge if the package is non-deliverable as addressed.
- C) Therefore, ENTER ALL INFORMATION CAREFULLY, and double check it, at the time the order is placed, to avoid these problems.
7. Substitution/Backorder Policy. Although Scott's Bait & Tackle believes that it will have sufficient inventory to fill your orders, it is possible that certain Products may be unavailable, from time to time. In the event an item you have ordered is temporarily unavailable, Scott's Bait & Tackle will attempt to notify you and will fill the remainder of your order. If a substitution is available, we will contact you to confirm any change. If we cannot obtain an item that is not available, we reserve the right to cancel all or part of an order.
8. Scott's Bait & Tackle Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are not satisfied with an item and it has not been used, you may return the item and a refund will be issued for the price of the item at time of purchase.
Used items or items damaged by the customer are non-returnable.
Clothing in packaging that has been opened/damaged is non-returnable as it is no longer sellable.
If we accidentally send an incorrect item, as does occassionally occur, Scott's Bait & Tackle may arrange, in its sole discretion, to retrieve the item at no charge to you for the retrieval.
This does not apply if a customer orders an incorrect item (such as the wrong part for a reel), in which case, it is the customers responsibility to return the item at their cost for exchange/refund. Shipping/handling is non-refundable. See the Help Center for more information.
9. Product Information. There are extensive notes in our online catalog regarding reel design changes, part changes, etc. Scott's Bait & Tackle will attempt to update Product information as and when changes come to our attention. However, Scott's Bait & Tackle is not responsible for any inaccuracy or misstatement of any such information. We recommend that you read all Product information and any parts updates/design change notes in the reel sections, prior to placing an order.
10. Disclaimer of warranty. Scott's Bait & Tackle online shopping services are provided on as "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" basis, and Scott's Bait & Tackle does not provide any assurances of the availability or usability by you of the online shopping services. Scott's Bait & Tackle's makes no representations or warranties, whatsoever, as to the substance, or the accuracy or sufficiency thereof, of any Product information listed on the web site.
Scott's Bait & Tackle MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS TO THE PRODUCTS SOLD, THE ONLINE SHOPPING SERVICES, DELIVERIES, OR OTHERWISE.
We are constantly updating the reel parts status in our catalog, and all reel part icons showing availability/status should be 99.9% accurate.
Product warranty, if any, must be done through the manufacturer of the product, with the exception of Penn fishing reel parts. Any problems with new but defective Penn reel parts may be addressed to us only if the item in question was purchased directly from us. "Defective" meaning damaged or manufactured incorrectly, not applying to a design change problem or mis-ordered part.
11. Limitation of liability. Scott's Bait & Tackle shall not be liable to you for any interception of online communications, software or hardware problems (including, without limitation, viruses, loss of data, or compatibility conflicts), unauthorized use of your credit card, or other consequence beyond the reasonable control of Scott's Bait & Tackle. Any liability of Scott's Bait & Tackle, or its employees, to you for damages, losses and causes of action, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, either jointly or severally, shall be strictly limited to the aggregate dollar amount paid by you to Scott's Bait & Tackle in the twelve (12) months (or, if less, such shorter period of your use of the online shopping service) immediately prior to the claimed injury or damage.
12. Confidentiality. Scott's Bait & Tackle values you as a customer and your right to privacy. Except as may be otherwise required by law, Scott's Bait & Tackle (i) will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that your credit card information remains confidential and is available only to personnel who have a need to know such information in connection with providing you with Scott's Bait & Tackle's online shopping services or otherwise for Scott's Bait & Tackle's general business purposes and (ii) will not sell your name, address or similar personal information to third parties or permit the use of such information outside the scope of the Scott's Bait & Tackle's online shopping service or Scott's Bait & Tackle's general business purposes.
13. Applicable law. These Terms and Conditions and the order form, collectively constituting the sole and entire agreement between Scott's Bait & Tackle and you regarding the online shopping services, are governed by laws of the State of New Jersey without regard to conflict of laws rules. For international customers, it is the customers responsibilty to be aware of any laws, customs requirements, dutie fees or restrictions, regarding importation of the goods which the customer is purchasing from Scott's Bait & Tackle.
14. Changes to Terms and Conditions. Scott's Bait & Tackle reserves the right to, from time to time, with or without notice to you, in our sole discretion, amend the Terms and Conditions for use and purchases regarding the online shopping services. Any amendments by Scott's Bait & Tackle will be effective only as to orders you place subsequent to our revisions of these Terms and Conditions on the web site to reflect the amendments. It is your responsibility to review the Terms and Conditions prior to submitting each order and Scott's Bait & Tackle has no responsibility to notify you of any changes prior to effectiveness of the changes or otherwise.
15. Terms and Conditions Govern. These Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time, shall be the sole terms of the agreement between you and Scott's Bait & Tackle regarding your online purchases. All statements otherwise made on the web site are intended only for your convenience and do not form and are not included in the terms for your purchase.
16. Taxes. NJ Sales Tax of 7% is due at the time the order is placed, for NJ customers only. We do not collect sales tax for customers outside NJ. In the USA, it is the customers responsibility to pay any sales tax due in their state. For international customers, it is the responsibility of the customer to pay any sales tax, duties or other customs fees due in their country.
17. Unpaid Orders. Unpaid orders are canceled after 14 days, or within 3 days if our attempts to contact the customer for payment do not receive a response. Scott's Bait & Tackle will attempt to contact the customer to complete the order using the supplied e-mail and/or contact phone number.
18. Scott's Bait & Tackle's Right to Refuse Service. Scott's Bait & Tackle, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, with or without cause or reason.
Dated from 2/5/11
Scott's Bait & Tackle, 945 Radio Road, LEHT NJ 08087 www.scottsbt.com/www.pennparts.com